Premiere Film: festival distribution
and film production.
We are a film production and distribution company that specializes in festival distribution of films, documentaries, short films and web-series.
Premiere Film (legal name Prem1ere srl) has its offices in Italy, and USA (New York)
For the last two years Premiere Film has been a co-organizer of ALICE NELLA CITTA’ – autonomous parallel section of FESTA DEL CINEMA DI ROMA (Rome International Film Festival).
- SUGARLOVE directed by Laura Luchetti, winner of the Silver Ribbon for the best animated short film;
- MOTHS TO FLAME” (Moths to Flame) directed by Marco Pellegrino and Luca Jankovic, winner of the Silver Ribbon for the best live-action short film;
- VIA LATTEA directed by Valerio Rufo and winner of the Special Prize from Silver Ribbon’s Jury;
- PER SEMPRE directed by Alessio Di Cosimo, winner of the Special Prize from Silver Ribbon’s Jury;
- YOUSEF directed by Mohamed Hossameldin, produced by Premiere Film, one of the 5 nominated for David di Donatello, Silver Ribbon finalist and the only Italian film selected to the international section of Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival;
- IM BÄREN directed by Lilian Sassanelli is among the five finalists of David di Donatello and Silver Ribbon;
- BARADAR directed by Beppe Tufarulo, winner of the best short film at Giffoni Film Festival;
- MANARA directed by Zayn Alexander, winner of the Laguna Award during Giornate Degli Autori at Venice International Film Festival;
- UN COSA MIA directed by Giovanni Dota, produced by Premiere Film had it premiere screening at I LOVE GAI, a Venice International Film Festival section dedicated to young authors.
Premiere is the Italian distributor of the short films:
- THE SILENT CHILD, directed by Chris Overton and Rachel Shenton, winner of the Oscar 2018;
- RISE OF A STAR, directed by James Bort, with Catherine Deneuve, short listed by the Academy;
- COSI’ IN TERRA, by Lorenzo Pisano, produced by CSC Production. Short film in competition at Cannes Film Festival – Cinéfondation;
- MAGIC ALPS, directed by Andrea Brusa and Marco Scotuzzi, the only Italian short film selected to the international competition at Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival and the finalist of Silver Ribbon;
- FINO ALLA FINE directed by Giovanni Dota, official selection at Settimana Internazionale della Critica – Mostra del Cinema di Venezia 2018;
- SUGARLOVE directed by Laura Luchetti, official selection at Settimana Internazionale della Critica – Mostra del Cinema di Venezia 2018;
The same year Premiere Film is the organizer of ALICE NELLA CITTA’ – short film section of ROME FILM FEST.
Premiere Film signed the agreement with CSC-Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia di Roma for the festival distribution of the short films of the alumni of the major film school of Italy.
In 2017 we distributed the short films:
- SING by Kristof Déak, the winner of the Oscar for the Best Live-Action Short Film;
- A GENTLE NIGHT by Qiu Yang, winner of Palme D’Or at Cannes Film Festival;
- PENALTY by Aldo Iuliano, winner of the Italian Golden Globe;
The company is present at some of the major film markets: Clermont Ferrand Short Film Market, Marchè du Film of Cannes Film Festival, Mostra del Cinema di Venezia.